CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!






















WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! They did it...They won the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
It was a very cold and snowy day! The game started right on time at 11:00. Everyone in the stadium was very excited...not just the players I mean everyone! The place was ELECTRIC!!! You would have thought that the Broncos were playing!
The game was going along really well, we were ahead in points until almost the end of the 4th quarter! They had kicked us an on side kick and our # 7 (Nick) missed the ball and one of their players grabed it and ran it in for a touchdown and then a 2 point conversion. We were now down by 4 points and only 29 seconds to go in the game! Everyone on our side of the stadium was completely silent. I know I personally was praying like I had never prayed before. 19 seconds to go in the game and #13 (Parker) got the ball and ran 56 yards for a TOUCHDOWN!!!! Of my lord you would have thought the place was on fire there was so much screaming and people hugging and crying!! It was a magical moment. We then went for our extra point which made the score 38-31. We then kicked the ball to them and they almost got another touchdown but their quarterback threw the ball to far and missed his target!!! WE HAD WON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!
Of course there were pictures taken and cameras filming everything. It was a very special moment that I am proud to say my son was a part of!!!
I can not wait to see what next years team has to offer!

2 comments:

jessicac said...

How exciting! I am so happy that they won!

Michelle said...

Me too..It was a nail bitter let me tell ya!!