CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

HEART CRAYONS

So I was told about this great idea for kids to make their own heart shaped crayons so of course I had to try it out! With Valentines Day just around the corner I set out to make these with Andrew. I went to Target today and found those silicone heart shaped muffin tins (if you will), only $2.50 each one that makes 6 . Then they had some really cute cello bags with hearts all over them for $1.00. So I got two bags so I could put my crayons in them when done. I then went home and we peeled a bunch of crayons and cut them up and put them into the pans. We cooked them at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes and let them cool....walla! Aren't they cute and so colorful! I sure hope the kids like them.
Unfortunately I ended up almost cutting off the tip of my finger in the process. I finally got it to stop bleeding so I guess I don't need stitches!!
I guess the saying a little blood, sweat and tears fits here...LOL
~Enjoy~



1 comments:

Rhonda said...

Michelle, that is a way cool idea. Just think of what all you could make using the same idea.