CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

YEP...I'M BROKEN

SO, it's official...I'M BROKEN!!
I went to my Dr. apt. with the surgeon today. We got there around 10:25 and didn't leave until 2:15 or so..long day!
Anyway, after sitting around waiting to be seen I finally met my Dr. , well one of them. He did the usual one million questions, repeating everything I said. He then said that he would go take a look at the MRI pictures and be right back. He came back and said that he would also need x-ray's to look at. I told him that they were taken there at the hospital so he should be able to look them up on the computer. About 10 minutes later a different doctor walked in and introduced himself. Again I answered the one million questions. He then asked me to walk back and forth and move my arms up and down. He told me to get dressed and he excused himself and that was it for the moment. Rob and I started getting really bored waiting in that hot little room. When he came back he had copies of my x-rays and a few copies of my MRI pictures. He said that I have a fairly large herniated disc of the C5-C6 and it was pushing on the nerves that run down my left arm and that is why I am in so much pain. He went over all the pictures and explained what he felt would be needed to get me somewhat back to the way I was before my injury. We went over all the good and the bad of having the surgery. He explained that they will go in from the front of my neck and remove the disc and then screw in a metal plate to fuse the two together. I will be in the hospital for 2 1/2 days if all goes well. I will not be able to drive for at least 4 weeks and I have to wear a hard collar around my neck for at least 6 weeks....NO SCRAPBOOKING FOR WEEKS!!! What will I do with myself for that long?? LOL
I do have bone spurs on C4-C5 and C6 -C7 so it is a possibility that at some point they may also blow. Oh Joy things to look forward to..LOL
My surgery is on February 9th so if you all could keep me and my family in your prayers on that day it will be appreciated!!

0 comments: