CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

FINALLY SOME SNOW!!





So last night the weatherman said that we had a cold front moving into Colorado today (Monday). He said that here in Denver we would MAYBE see 1-2 inches and that the snow would start falling around 6:30 or 7 am. I didn't think much of it because we have not gotten much snow in this area so far this winter. This morning when I woke up at 6:15 I went into the boys room and realized that Nathan and his friend Max(who stayed the weekend with us) were still sleeping so I woke them up and went into the living room . I looked out the front window and saw snow all over the ground. I told the boys to hurry because I may have to drive a bit slower to compensate for the snow. I put my robe on and my new Crock snow boots and headed out to warm up the car. WOOOOOW there was already about 2 -2 1/2 inches on the ground and it was still coming down. So once everyone was ready I drove (if you can call it that) the boys to school. It was so slippery and treacherous that when I got home I woke Rob up and told him that he would have to drive Andrew to school. What a mess out there. What usually takes me 15-20 minutes to get Andrew to school and me back home took almost an hour. I love the snow to look at but hate to drive in it.

0 comments: