CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

MY FIRST VOTE!!!!!




WOOHOOOO!!!!
I voted for the first time in my 38 years!
I am so excited about the whole election process this year . I have never been one to get into politics. I find the whole thing a bit dull. A bunch of people telling you the lies that you want to hear and never actually doing any of the stuff they promise you. I have always had the mentality of, my vote wont count anyway!
Well this year I totally got into it! I started really paying attention to what everyone was saying...or not saying!! I listened and read about all of the Amendments and watched all the debates.
I got a bit worried when my mail in ballot did not show up at the same time as my husbands. When it finally got here I looked it over very carefully and made my choices with a lot of thought behind it.
Today as we got ready to go drop our ballots off at the polling place (not taking any chances with mailing them in) I made sure to snap a picture of us with our envelopes. We drove 20 minutes out of our way and gently handed the guy working there our envelopes with our secret inside. He handed us our "I voted today" stickers and we drove off...feeling very proud!!!
So hopefully everyone will get out and vote if you haven't already!

0 comments: