CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

MY BOY LETTERED!!!!!!!


WOOO-HOOOO!!!
I am so excited! I received an invitation to my oldest son's school for the Academic Achievement Awards for this morning. So we got up early this morning and got ready for this event. I will be honest I thought it was going to be kinda dull.. lets face it most school events are! To my great surprise I was wrong..I don't admit that very often but this time I must.
We arrived at the school and walked in and they had a table set up with a bunch of large envelopes organized by names. My son got his envelope and we were told to go into the auditorium and find a seat. The students sat on one side and the parents sat on the other. He gave me the envelope and took off to sit with his friends...big surprise! I opened the envelope and to my GREAT SURPRISE was a Letterman's letter !! A huge W R plain as day. I called him over to show him and wanted to burst out of my seems with pride. He lettered for his GPA! I am so proud of him!! He also received a silver medal and a paper award! They were doing a drawing at the end of the service for gift cards and low and behold he also got a $10.00 gift card to Starbucks!!
Now I get the joy of going to the store to pick out his Letterman's jacket. The football coach told him that if they go to State that if he plays in just one play he will letter in football too!
I of course wanted to smooch him and hug him to show him how proud I am of his amazing accomplishments but I didn't want to embarrass him in front of his friends. SO I told him that after practice today he is fair game for all the hugs and love I want to bestow on him...LOL
WAY TO GO MY SWEET BOY!!!!

0 comments: